Saturday, March 8, 2008

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

I snagged this spaghetti sauce recipe from See Mommy Sew

1/2 c. chopped onion

1 lb. ground beef

3 small cans tomato sauce (8 oz. each)

1 can tomato paste

enough water to make it as thin or thick as you like

4 tsp dried basil (of course, use fresh if you have it)

4 tsp. dried oregano

1 tsp fresh ground pepper

2 1/2 Tbsp. sugar

1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper

salt to taste

3 bay leaves

1 tsp garlic powder (I use freash garlic, instead)

1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme

1 tsp. rosemary (I don’t like the pine needly feel of rosemary so I usually grind it up in my coffee grinder)

Brown ground beef and onion. Add all the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for an hour or so. You can cook it longer or shorter or use you slow cooker. Like most spaghetti sauces, it’s pretty forgiving. Serve on top of spaghetti noodles with lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and hot, buttery garlic bread on the side.

0 comments: