Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hash brown Casserole

Hash brown Casserole - Jenn at I hate Whine

1 ( 32oz )pkg Hash Browns (cubed)
1/2 cup melted margarine or butter
1/2 cup sauteed onions ( use the margarine or butter )
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
2 cups (16 oz) sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese ( grated)
salt and pepper to taste
Topping :
2 cups crushed cornflakes
1/4 cup margarine or butter
Mix all together and place in your baking dish . Mix corn flakes and melted butter together and sprinkle over the top.
Bake at 350 for 45 mins or until you see the top is golden brown and crispy.
Like always I never follow this , I just throw in a couple big blobs of sour cream and throw in whatever I feel like for the cheese. I also find that we like it better made with the shredded hash browns that say savory seasoned on the bag. I never put salt in and always shake pepper in and mix it all through. the other thing i do is add a little pepper to the crumb mixture as well as a little garlic powder. Just do whatever sounds good to you, or what you know your husband or kids will eat.

0 comments: